The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing projects of varying size and complexity from initiation through completion across cross-functional project teams. Project work includes delivering high-quality, on-time and on-budget technology and business solutions, operational enhancements, and/or enterprise systems. Using standard Project Management Methodologies as a guide, the Senior Project Manager coordinates project initiation activities and then leads project planning, execution, and closure activities of the approved projects while providing on-going monitoring and reporting of project progress
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Successfully plan and execute projects to achieve intended business results.
- Position the project for success by defining a structured delivery approach based on best practices and PMO Standards, establishing project governance standards and structures, and defining individual and collective roles and responsibilities.
- Create a clear plan for project execution by developing detailed schedules, defining milestones and deliverables, identifying resource requirements, and coordinating day-to-day activities across resources in a matrixed environment.
- Create a cadence for diligent management of project financials by forecasting, monitoring, reporting on, and controlling project costs on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that achievement of the project's intended outcomes remain paramount by evaluating changes to the project that are proposed during execution or arise as the result of project conditions (e.g., scope, requirements, timelines, and cost).
- Establish risk and issue management procedures, driving the creation and oversight of mitigation plans, and aggressively resolving conflict where needed.
- Develop Communication plans, tailoring communications to intended audience(s), and delivering information consistently and in a perceptive manner.
- Define and adhere to standard PMO metrics to measure project performance, comparing actual performance to planned performance on an ongoing basis.
- Foster relationships across functions and levels of the organization.
- Establish a reputation for collaboration, employing an objective approach to decision making.
- Facilitate relationships across all business units as it relates to projects and programs.
- Enrich the delivery capabilities and overall performance of the PMO.
- Embody accountability by taking responsibility for individual actions and encouraging others to do the same.
- Promote unity by demonstrating confidence in self and peers, and placing the success of the team over success of the individual
- Deepen project management expertise by supporting the continuous assessment and improvement of PMO frameworks, processes, and practices.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by reviewing projects, either during or post-execution, if needed.
- Support the professional growth of fellow project managers by providing informal leadership, guidance, and mentoring if needed.
Apply on company website