2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This individual contributor position is accountable for Human Resources support of assigned individuals within the Operations Teams at the Brenham, TX Operations location. This position will coordinate and provide comprehensive Human Resources support for assigned clients and must build and develop effective relationships with the leaders, managers and employees to influence and execute HR processes and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including, but not limited to: recruitment, training, performance management, new hire onboarding, and employment law compliance. As a member of the HR Team, this role serves on the HR front lines in support of the business. This position is actively involved with assisting and supporting the management team to build organizational bench strength and demonstrate best practices in Human Resources.
- This position reports into the site HR Manager and has no direct or indirect reports.
- Provide a full range of Human Resources advice, support, consultation, and guidance, including application of HR policies and processes, to assigned departments and employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests from employees.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Manage the talent acquisition workflow processes for all production positions, including, but not limited to updating job descriptions, posting job openings, sourcing applicants, screening applicants for organizational fit, updating candidate's status in Workday, performing pre-employment processes, etc. at the direction of the HR Manager.
- Perform all new hire transactions in Workday, create personnel file and coordinate onboarding.
- Act as the first line of contact for general employee questions and assist with the administration of policies, programs, procedures, and processes at the direction of HR Manager; escalate complex employee issues.
- Manages and oversees Time & Attendance process and time clock updates and training.
- General administration support, including, but not limited to: onboarding and training coordination, assistance with annual reviews and appraisal process, miscellaneous reporting.
- Partner with operations team and administrative departments to ensure completion of on-the-job and computer-based training is completed for new hires, promotions and current employees.
- Attend and support company events, plan celebrations and coordinate with vendors for meals, venue, hotel, airfare, etc., as needed.
- Leads community involvement in planning charity activities and events
- Assist HR Manager with various HR and campus-wide initiatives, including, but not limited to safety events, the annual performance review process, benefits open enrollment, new programs/policies, and training initiatives.
- Maintain all personnel files including termination, training and other employee-related documents.
- Assist HR Manager with ADA, EEOC, and other compliance initiatives.
- Assist the HR Manager with creating and maintaining all job descriptions.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Meets important deadlines for time-sensitive situations (recruitment coordination, new hire, and employee termination process, meeting requests, etc.).
- 100% accuracy in HRIS data entry and employee file document management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks as assigned by HR Manager.
- Travel to other plants may be required or assigned.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree and one to three years of human resources experience (intern, full-time and/or part-time).
- Knowledge and ability to act on Compliance and Regulatory issues.
- The ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- The ability to work in a production/manufacturing environment.
- The ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to support operational needs.
- Self-starter and able to work professionally and independently.
- Strong customer service orientation, communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- PHR certification, or SHRM-CP certification.
- Experience using Workday and/or HRIS Systems.
- High awareness for labor compliance, amendments, regulations, including Affirmative Action Planning as well as court decisions related to employment laws.
- Knowledge of group benefit plans and how open enrollment for benefits is carried out and regulated.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, the incumbent may be required to go into the production or shipping/receiving areas. While visiting the manufacturing areas of the plant, the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required at all times. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. The environment is fast-paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Computer Software: Workday, ADP, Workforce, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website