1114 N. Oregon Ave Pasco Washington 99301
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Branch/Sales Manager is responsible for managing the warehouse operations at the site, maximizing profitability and sales within assigned region. The Branch/Sales Manager coordinates policies, programs, objectives, and procedures as they apply to product, service, training, distribution, parts, innovation, and technology. Reporting to the Vice President of North America Sales, the position is responsible for the implementation of programs regarding promotion, sales and dealer promotions. The Branch/Sales Manager is responsible for reporting results, performance information, and market information for the region. This is to be accomplished in a manner which increases the overall success of Valmont Irrigation and maximizes the assigned areas' total potential for irrigation product sales.
- Managing all aspects of the customer's relationship including technical support, quoting, assisting in order logistics and account receivable collections
- Managing day to day warehouse operations and staff including inventory turns and overhead costs
- Operate forklift and other warehouse/industrial equipment
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in CRM system
- Develop and execute annual objectives with National Sales Manager
- Coordinate a product update program between the manufacturer and dealers
- Manage sales and distribution of products and services offered by the company, including promotion and market development within the region
- This role requires up to 50% travel domestically, including overnight stays
- This position reports into the Vice President – North America Sales and has up to (2) direct reports
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Participate in agricultural and irrigation type events, university research and governmental programs within the region
- Develop and maintain proper human relations skills in order to handle customer, vendor and team member situations
- Continued education on products and technical knowledge for proper application into the market.
- Assist the company in other regions and during special events by travelling outside the region.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, Associate's Degree with 3 years of experience, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Technical experience and knowledge of Microsoft products, as well as other relevant software
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Strong leadership, problem solving and planning skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to operate a forklift
- Valid driver's license
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience selling irrigation products in a dealer based channel
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Domestic travel is required for this position. The incumbent is regularly travelling by vehicle, but may travel by airplane on occasion. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website