One Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154-5215
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Individual Contributor position supports and assists with the marketing implementation and strategy of the Strategic Marketing Team. The Marketing Specialist - Copywriter is responsible for developing persuasive, easy-to-understand and compliant copy for marketing and communication materials for Valmont and its sub-brands. In addition, this copywriter is digitally-savvy and serves as both a traditional and digital writer, applying problem-solving skills to develop compelling concepts while partnering with senior marketing members and segment stakeholders to maintain messaging integrity and accuracy for all Valmont brands.
- This position reports into Marketing Manager-Creative and has no direct or indirect reports
- This role may require up to 10% travel including overnight stays
- The role supports the drafting and development of strategic marketing plans by segment and product category
- Updates and drafts copy for marketing materials such as brochures and literature that meet communications objectives.
- Coordinates and develops material for product launches
- Responsible for developing and supporting digital marketing campaigns and social posts
- Aids in supporting and organizing trade shows by creating strategic messaging/content for displays and show materials
- Prepares strategic marketing materials to support agent/dealer or sales events
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Gains technical knowledge and in-field experience by interacting with sales representatives, meeting customers; observing sales encounters; studying sales results reports; conferring with sales managers—communicating in ways to effectively reach the customer will be essential
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors or Associates Degree with 3+ years of relevant experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the development of strategic content for: marketing, advertising, digital marketing, sales PPT presentations
- Computer skills – Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications
- Writing samples showing ability to write in the “voice” of an established brand
- Ability to take complex technical information synthesize it and create easy-to-understand/compelling copy
- Organized and skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong understanding of grammar and style, with exceptional editorial, written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and proofreading proficiency
- Ability to seek out answers and problem-solve
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various segment partners to understand project requirements
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field with experience in creative writing, technical/professional writing and/or business writing
- Candidate must have a portfolio of writing samples that show experience in applying creative thinking and superior writing skills in producing copy for digital and print communications
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Travel expectations are 10% domestic, overnight travel.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website