28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Customer Invoicing Specialist is a highly driven individual responsible for generating and controlling all customer invoicing and credit memos. This Individual Contributor position is responsible for review of shipping papers, communication of procedural and paper flow problems, and reconciliation of sales. The Customer Invoicing Specialist establishes controls to ensure all goods shipped are invoiced. Additionally, the incumbent supports the effort to move Valmont to a paperless workflow and issues daily reports to various managers. In performing these duties, the Customer Invoicing Specialist is in daily contact with various personnel in Corporate Accounting, Divisional Accounting, Marketing Services, Data Processing, Shipping, Traffic, and Purchasing. The ability to obtain cooperation of these individuals is fundamental to success of the invoicing function.
- This position reports into the Shared Services Accounting Supervisor and has no direct or indirect reports
- Generate invoices from shipping papers
- Match bills of ladings with ship papers
- Review ship papers for completeness
- Maintain controls for quantities shipped and backordered
- Verify that all “prepaid and add” and subsidiary orders have freight charges included
- Enter shipping information (bill of lading #, carrier)
- Compare quantity shipped on screen with ship papers
- Process invoices and acknowledgements
- Print invoice copies
- Divide copies of invoices for distribution
- Review pre-invoice audit list and compare to ship papers
- Ship papers not invoicing properly are withheld for additional review
- Determination is made regarding the nature of the problem(s)
- Appropriate personnel are contacted for resolution of problem(s)
- Ship papers are re-invoiced as soon as problem(s) is/are corrected
- Review invoices for accuracy and compare to ship papers
- Review, correct, date, number, and prepare all credit memos for processing
- Balance daily, weekly, and monthly sales analyses
Other Important Details about the Role:
Incumbent evaluates company processes and related internal control practices. This includes accurate financial and activity reporting, efficient and effective process operations, and compliance with laws and regulations.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree; Associate's degree or High School Diploma and 2+ years of work/educational experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and 10 key calculator
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to stay organized
- Ability to effectively analyze data
- General knowledge of accounting
- Ability to maintain accuracy and timeliness of transactions
- Capacity to handle a large workload 2-3 weeks of each month
- Ability to work overtime during month-end and one weekend day per month
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- A degree in Accounting or equivalent years' work experience
- Demonstrated experience in a customer invoicing role
- Previous experience in other software, particularly IFS
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Talking and hearing is required for this role. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This position may require the incumbent to work outside during all seasons of the year, in various manufacturing and storage areas, as well as office environments. As a result, the position may require walking, standing, lifting, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, and kneeling in rare instances. No travel requirements expected for this position.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website