600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Estimating Specialist is accountable for making an accurate material list and cost estimate on all inquiries for utility quotations relating to the company's product line to insure profitable sales and services. In this role, the Estimating Specialist position assists in development of economic costs, maintaining a good relationship with outside vendors and collecting technical information to provide a quick and understandable knowledge of customers to make the product both competitive and profitable. The Estimating Specialist will be an analyst for product lines for Valmont Utility throughout North America and will analyze the past history of products quoted to prepare profitable proposals and ensure recommended margins are met on quotations.
- This position reports to the Business Line Manager and has no direct or indirect reports.
- Plan and develop cost of structures to provide for the achievement of company objectives
- Work accurately with large volumes of figures, and to evaluate specifications and read blueprints to insure that the overall project is accurate and complete
- Evaluate specifications by determining the most economical cost and by making accurate take-offs. Incumbent must, after a quote becomes an order, accumulate material accurately for Purchasing to buy it and assist in order entry
- Track and review all Customer Requests for Change (CRFC) that are entered into the database, defining changes in pricing to Project Administrator and Sales team so customer can be notified
- Prepare material take-off on each job, Labor and cost sheet on each item quoted
- Evaluate and re-price existing order when changes are made
- Review and analyze performance of completed orders to control costs
- Assist in collecting information for order entry
- Prepare and carry out special assignment as requested by supervisor on quotation and pricing
- Gathers and Maintains competitive data for all product lines including new products, delays in delivery, expansions, quality issues, and any other items that may be advantages in the market place
- Works with the Product Managers to analyze the competitive landscape determining market capacity
- Working with each Product Manager, provides direction on specific bid opportunities to the Project Administration team members
- Must work with the Sales and Design Engineers, Purchasing, Detailing, and Manufacturing to collect all information, and maintain good relationships with outside vendors, to obtain the most economical delivery and price
- Must have the ability to acquire an increasing knowledge of labor and its problems, and to work with Purchasing on material costs to ensure a competitive product as well as profitable sales
- Collect technical information in a manner which provides quick understandable knowledge of customers
- Provides timely and consistent communication on the analysis of market share, margins, and competitive landscape to divisional leadership
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Minimum three years of estimating experience with a track record of consistent and exemplary achievement
- Associate's degree in Business Management, Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude, exceptional financial acumen
- Decisive problem-solving ability and capability to assess people and situations with accuracy
- Confident self-starter with integrity and accountability
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively and persuasively present complex information in a simple way to executive level audiences
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business or Engineering
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website