1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67401-2403
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Forklift Driver position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will operate a forklift and other lifting and moving equipment in a safe and efficient manner to deliver on-time, high quality Valmont products. Additionally, you will…
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in estimating and executing appropriate size lifts
- Unload and load steel hauling trucks for customers and company
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently, protecting self and others from accident and injury
- Document, count, and verify customer piece counts for shipping and receiving
- Manage paperwork to properly identify incoming materials and outgoing products in accordance with established product control systems and shipping orders
What it takes
- One year of previous experience operating a forklift in a professional environment
- The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, non-toxic fumes and airborne particles, blowing dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, proximity to extreme heat, and moving mechanical parts
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website