1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67401-2403
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Human Resources Generalist position in the Salina, Kansas Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual who is looking for that next promotion opportunity in the HR organization. This is a hands-on position that will be heavily involved in employee relations activities, state and federal compliance, Safety & Lean training, employee development, staffing, etc. The position is extremely customer service oriented and requires someone who has the ability to converse and get along with all levels of employees and to lead changes in the organization in a structured and well organized manner. This position will be responsible for providing human resource support for the production and administrative workforce for the Salina, Kansas location. Additionally, you will…
- Serve as a value-add business partner to the Senior Management Team
- Provide comprehensive professional HR support services including input and enforcement of company, divisional and site specific policies & procedures; employee relations; progressive discipline; complaint investigation; compliance; recruitment; training and development; compensation and benefits; etc.
- Hands-on administration of FMLA, ADAAA, AAP, FLSA, GINA, COBRA, ERISA, Employment-at-Will, Harassment & retaliation prevention, Title VII provisions, etc.
- Align HR support with business strategies and needs by employing Lean methodology, concepts and tools
- Prepare and monitor the Affirmative Action Program
- Utilize legal counsel to respond to agency audit requests, complaint investigation/resolution measures, unemployment claims & appeals (OSHA, EEOC, DOL, OFCCP, DFEH, etc.)
- Work with Corporate Comp and site teams to prepare annual merit plan proposal, conduct salary & benefits survey, and present to site management team representing five divisions for approval
- Recruit, prescreen applicants, utilize appropriate selection tools, interview and make hiring recommendations
- Coordinate and present new hire orientation and new employee training
- Maintain workers' compensation records, OSHA reporting and administration of claims with insurance carrier and participate in OSHA site inspections
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance issues affecting human resources' functions, elevates local concerns to Division HR Director
- Responsible for document control, confidentiality of information maintained, and performance management
- Focus on process improvement opportunities within Human Resources to support the organization's objectives and core values
- Weekly payroll submission for production and biweekly payroll submission for salaried employees
What it takes
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Three to five years of progressive HR experience with demonstrated ability to move to the next level
- Demonstrated ability to handle all regulatory compliance issues affecting HR
- Fundamental understanding of compensation analysis for annual survey data compilation
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong customer service orientation and ability to multi-task
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, initiative and maintain confidentiality
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Previous experience with ADP, Workday or other HRIS systems
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Training certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website