3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A career with Valmont is a career with a future! Valmont is a global manufacturing company with employment opportunities around the world for qualified candidates. Wherever you live, whatever you do, chances are Valmont is part of your life: Lighting and traffic poles that guide your way; Utility poles that bring power to your home and business; Communication poles and towers that enable your wireless communications; Irrigation equipment that brings much-needed water to cropland while conserving fresh water resources; and, long-lasting finishes that improve products around the world every day. Valmont needs YOU to make it all possible!
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Stretcher position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for ensuring the aluminum is produced to acceptable standards. Additionally, you will…
- Ensure the quality of tube and stretched length
- Check tube dimensions, which include the diameter, wall thickness, and ovality
- Move the tube to the finish saw conveyor
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read micrometers, flatness and radius gauges and tape measures
- Must be able to read and interpret WIP instruction packets
- Must obtain forklift license within 90 days of starting job
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Previous experience running an industrial forklift.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website