6123 Cunningham Rd Houston Texas 77041
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the production, material flow, and the quality control of the Galvanizing department. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for administering organizational policies and procedures at the department level and for supervising the daily shop operations and establishing work priorities to meet internal and external customer shipping commitments. Incumbent will establish shift objectives to support the division's goals and objectives and review this performance plan. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring manufactured products meet or exceed quality standards and initiate actions necessary to maintain standards. Incumbent will order and supervise the necessary repairs and maintenance of machines and equipment throughout the production area. Additional responsibilities include maintaining records for the accuracy and timeliness of daily footage and poundage, completed orders, and inspection reports. The Shift Supervisor will enforce good safety and housekeeping practices and employee training programs. Incumbent will be expected to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times on the production floor.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
- Implement work schedule to maximize utilization of manpower, machines, and materials and assign work to hourly employees
- Process parts and/or components to meet production schedule and advise Operations Manager and schedulers of difficulties in meeting plans or schedules
- Monitor performance of assigned personnel, complete employee performance review, and take corrective action as necessary
- Report discrepancies in blueprints, specifications, methods, engineering data, standards, etc. to Operators Manager
- Ensure product quality meets specified standards and assigned personnel make inspections as required by standard procedures
- Report and investigate all incidents in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of assigned personnel's time and production through various production reports
- Conduct shift start up meetings at the beginning of every shift and monthly safety meetings with personnel
- Administer company policies in a firm, fair, and consistent manner
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe working conditions in assigned areas
- Train new employees into department activities and safety procedures
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Serve as a champion for various teams/projects to promote continuous improvement
- Actively participate in monthly Safety Leadership Team meetings
- Assist with maintaining process tanks at required levels of concentrations for quality galvanizing
- This position reports into General Manager and has 20-40 direct reports
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 2+ years of leadership experience in an industrial environment
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in front of an audience
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- Ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Preferred Bachelor's with 3+ years relevant experience OR Associate's Degree with 5+ years relevant experience OR 7+ years of relevant experience
- Three years of supervisory or management experience in and industrial environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of OSHA, environmental regulations, and state and federal labor standards is preferred
- Experience utilizing an automated time and attendance tracking system is preferred
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts including proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume for product and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry is preferred
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Apply on company website