2411 Pilot Knob Road Mendota Heights Minnesota 55120-1119
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is accountable for assisting with various painter and general labor activities.
- Able to perform General Labor duties.
- Able to meet quality and production standards.
- Ensure that the relevant equipment is in good working order, change filters and clean guns with supervision, set up equipment, up equipment, use and clean up equipment relevant to their task with supervision.
- Able to use small hand tools and have good dexterity. Mechanical skills.
- Fill out production reports, if required with supervision, able to read job cards (process sheets).
- Prime with supervision.
- Place pre-mixes in paint pots with supervision.
- Able to read and write and have good math skills
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports directly to the Production Lead
- Work well with minimal supervision.
- Able to follow simple work instructions.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Work with a safety oriented attitude, insure a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of proper safety in regards to hazardous waste handling.
- Emergency Response. Hazardous Communication / Right to Know.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Show interest for improvement and advancement.
- The ability to work in a cooperative manner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
All of the working conditions for this position is in a manufacturing shop environment with exposure to dirt, grease, fumes, cold, heat, noise, dust. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic and safety safeguards such as hearing protection and respirator & paint equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large containers for paint and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.2021-08-28-07:00
Apply on company website