674 Industrial Park Drive Claxton Georgia 30417
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Production Lead will be a highly driven individual that will be responsible for safety, product quality, exercising cost control, producing parts and assemblies to schedule, motivating shop employees to attain quantity and quality standards and administering company & division policies. This position reports to the Plant Manager but works under the direct supervision of the Plant Supervisor.
The Production Lead is responsible for an assigned production area including the human and capital assets of the department. Activities include:
- Responsible for assembling the current day's production
- Actively participates in the tasks associated with their area of responsibility
- Maintains the cleanliness of the department area
- Conducts training of all new employees
- Responsible for ensuring all subordinates adhere to Valmont and OSHA Safety policies
- Responsible for ensuring product meets customer specifications
- Responsible for leading production employees and maintains log of operations
- This individual is responsible for all aspects of the duties being performed under their guidance
- This individual must review and approve all product prior to QC audits
- Notify Lead QC of readiness for inspection, and make any indicated changes or corrections
- Under the direction of Plant Supervisor, this individual will assist in training all new personnel
In addition, all Claxton employees are expected to assist other crews with other departmental work and cleaning. Cross training results in a flexible and active workforce and offers employees the opportunity to see and develop a wide variety of skills.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Education/Training – A high school diploma or GED
- Experience/Knowledge –Three years of experience in a lead/supervisory position
- Competencies – Ability to read tape measure, ability to learn on the job in a fast-paced environment, and flexibility are required
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in a supervisory position
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing or logistic operations environment
- Practical hands on experience in 5S/Lean Manufacturing
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work performed in an industrial shop setting. The incumbent is regularly required to stand for extended periods. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. There are no travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the shop. The employee is frequently required to move about the shop and site. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards when performing manual tasks such as welding or handling various materials. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in working with materials and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Working conditions may include abnormal temperatures including heat, cold, rain, snow and ice. Employee may also be exposed to jarring and bouncing, high noise areas, and other job related hazards. Employees are required to wear all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) for the position.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website