6123 Cunningham Rd Houston Texas 77041
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Finisher/Dresser position in the Production department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist with the application of CorroCote which offers superior protection for direct-embedded structural steel, transmission poles, and cellular towers. Must have keen attention to detail and understand the importance of the quality of product we provide to our customers. Additionally, you will…
- Shovels or pours abrasives such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper
- Adjusts valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle
- Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air, over surface of parts
- Directs nozzle over surface of large parts until prescribed areas are thoroughly abraded to specification
- Reads and interprets blueprints and lays out area for blasting; examines finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
What it takes
- Minimum six months experience of sand or shot blasting in a metals production operation
- Must be skilled and proficient in setting and operating sandblasting equipment
- Must understand the process and its requirements, with a knowledge of how the blasting material abrades surfaces to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt to meet the specified finish for final coating
- Must understand containment requirements as established by the EPA and the company
- Must be able to work in noisy, high-temperature conditions
- Repetitive lifting (up to 50 lbs. on occasion), stooping, reaching, pulling, standing, pushing, and grasping are required
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Experience in a galvanizing/coating production facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veterans
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website