28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The main function of the Temp General Labor/Poly Pipe Operator 1 is to work with other operators to install polyethylene inner protective membranes into galvanized steel pipes. The Poly Pipe Operator reads blueprints to select the correct pipe, drills holes as indicated on the blueprint, prepares the pipe by applying a galvanized coating, uses a winch to pull the membrane through the pipe, and cuts off any excess material. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to understand machining processes and perform tool changes and minor maintenance operations.
- Consult with blueprints to verify the pipe is the correct one to be fitted with an inner protective membrane
- Prepare the galvanized pipe by drilling holes in the flange area, grinding the flange and spraying it with a galvanizing coating
- Consult with blueprints to see what variety of poly (polyethylene) needs to be employed
- Pull a poly sleeve through galvanized pipe with an electric winch running it in either manual and auto mode
- Cut any excess poly to length
- Prepare pipe to be flanged
- Perform changeover when blueprint indicates it is needed
- Drill coupler holes and insert couplers in pipe using metal banding
- Install and tighten couplers in the poly pipe
- Complete required OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) paperwork
- Replenish work area with materials using forklifts and straddle trucks
- This position reports into the Production Supervisor and has no direct reports
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 1 month to 1 year relevant work experience
- A high awareness for safety at all times
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Passion, integrity, and the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- The ability to use a tape measure correctly
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to read print as small as 1/16 of an inch
- The ability to stand, walk, reach, bend, pivot, and lift up to 25 lbs. repeatedly throughout the shift
- The ability to administer pinch force for installation of couplers
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Mechanical knowledge and the ability to understand machining processes and perform tool changes and minor maintenance operations is preferred.
- Experience operating the following pieces of production equipment is preferred: overhead cranes, forklifts, cutting torch, grinders, winches, reciprocating saws, banding tools and hand-held drills
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website