This Enterprise System Administrator role is exclusive to core VUMC-wide Information Technology departments supporting centralized Enterprise systems. The Enterprise System Administrator builds and maintains systems and infrastructure components for enterprise critical computing environments under occasional guidance. Provides engineering services for system infrastructure, including design, install, maintain, upgrade, backup, disaster recovery, networking, system security, monitoring, performance tuning, and capacity management while adhering to enterprise change management process and procedures. Enforces and follows standards, policies and procedures for maintaining the security and integrity of systems and ensures that they meet availability and disaster recovery requirements. Ability to solve medium to complex problems.
- Analyzes and validates business and technical requirements to ensure system will perform optimally.
- Installs and configures server operating systems of moderate to medium complexity.
- Administers system infrastructure including data center, security, firewalls, authentication services, domain name services and disk storage.
- Schedules and executes infrastructure and system upgrades and patches to address security issues, bug fixes and functional enhancements.
- Installs and configures backup and disaster recovery software and regularly performs multi-site failover exercises of medium complexity.
- Builds and maintains automation to monitor the daily health of the system including performance, hardware, capacity, security, logs and responds appropriately as required.
- Enforces and follows relevant security policies and regulatory governances. Builds and tests software for task automation and integrations purposes of moderate complexity.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
SERVER ADMINISTRATION (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates mastery of the skill in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering products and services using the skill without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
SERVER INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE (INTERMEDIATE): Has the ability to install software using vendor-supplied and company-developed procedures. Demonstrates the ability to use core utility programs in the installation and maintenance of systems. Demonstrates the ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems that may arise during a software installation. Demonstrates the ability to create and use complex utility programs to facilitate software installations.
SERVER MONITORING AND TUNING (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates knowledge of what metrics are available, understands their meaning, and can produce sophisticated reports. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering products and services using the skill without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to direct associates of lower proficiencies on where to find data. Performs statistical analysis with performance tuning data.
SERVER SECURITY (INTERMEDIATE): Has extensive knowledge of the components of security and is able to install security products and systems. Able to describe security practices to users and management. Demonstrates mastery of security in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering security products and services without requiring support and instruction from others.
NETWORK OPERATING SYSTEMS (INTERMEDIATE): Knows all commands of the network operating system and can help others in resolving general operating system issues. Experienced in basic restart/recovery procedures and has working knowledge of communication and user interface aspects of the operating system. Considers operating system capabilities when designing. Able to install and configure operating system parameters such as peripheral devices, network interfaces and drivers.
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
About the Department:
VUMC IT provides hardware, software and service solutions for the entire Medical Center. With over 40,000 workstations in the Medical Center, our teams can assist not only with hardware support, but also software and application support and services to enhance security and protection of your information. Click this link below to learn more: https://www.vumc.org/it/it-services
Position Shift: Days
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day: Celebrate 2019
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
No Licensure or Certification Required.
Apply on company website