Lab Services Representative II, Clinical (Phlebotomy)
Lab Services Rep 2 Clinical needed for Vanderbilt Edward Curd Lane Draw Center. This position will perform Phlebotomy related work and will also include specific training for other Williamson County clinic sites covered by VPLS.
Performs Phlebotomy with minimal guidance. Responsible for accessioning specimens or patient tissue materials for testing including packaging specimens or tissue materials to be sent out to referring laboratory. Works closely with all laboratory staff, medical staff, and external customers. Performs customer service functions including telephone etiquette and basic troubleshooting and problem resolution.
· Duties include:
· Draws blood from patients in the outpatient clinic
· Uses appropriate phlebotomy techniques including syringe, vacutainer, and capillary skin puncture techniques
· Practices age specific guidelines
· Prepares specimens for transport to laboratory
· High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience and 1 year of experience.
· Position is full time (40 hours per week) 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
· Position may also occasionally act as a float to cover schedules at other clinics with hours that vary between 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Ability to have flexible hours is required.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Apply on company website