Provide support as a Tableau Application Server admin to VUMC Enterprise Tableau site-admins and dashboard developers. Develop Modify ETL processes for VUMC BI team. Utilize BI tools to develop reports and dashboards for end-users.
- Provide technical guidance to management and customers on Tableau upgrades.
- Communicate and support VUMC Tableau end-users and site-admins.
- Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
- Develop ETL process using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Develop Reports and Dashboards using BI Tools.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Business Intelligence development with expertise in Tableau.
- Experience with installation, configuration and support of Tableau Server and associated Tableau client products.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau development, practices, techniques, and standards.
- Familiarity with BI Tools such as SAP Business Objects, Power BI etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Datawarehouse would add value.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and problem-solving abilities.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TOOLS (INTERMEDIATE):
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the effective use of the tool in complex applications. Experienced in all core features of the tool. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of advanced concepts and features. Uses tool consistently in delivering applications. May have successfully completed training in advanced techniques and tools.
DATA MARTS (INTERMEDIATE):
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the effective application, operation or practice in complex applications. Experienced in all core features and functions. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of advanced concepts. Applies concepts and tools consistently in delivering applications. May have successfully completed training in advanced techniques, features and tools.
DATA WAREHOUSING (INTERMEDIATE):
- Designed a system in which data warehousing was a primary component. Has detailed knowledge of corporate, as well as local, data warehouse models. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of options available in various data warehouse components. Demonstrates an understanding of the different data warehouse structures, both in theory and practical application. Capable of predicting performance on the basis of the available options and environments, including the ability to synthesize local and regional data requirements into a specific data warehouse application.
ETL/ETT/ETM TOOLS AND PROCESS (INTERMEDIATE):
- Demonstrates the use of key ETL/ETT/ETM tools and utilities independently to accomplish appropriate database tasks. Has significant experience extracting data from a specified source database and taking out a desired subset of data for at least one major data warehouse project. Has transformed the acquired data - using complex rules or lookup tables or creating combinations with other data - to convert it to the desired state. Responsible for writing the resulting data [either all of the subset or just the changes] to a target database. Capable of providing support and direction in the use of the Company's primary ETL/ETT/ETM tool for other team members. Identifies new features of immediate benefit and develops plans to incorporate them into existing procedures.
About the Department:
VUMC IT provides hardware, software and service solutions for the entire Medical Center. With over 40,000 workstations in the Medical Center, our teams can assist not only with hardware support, but also software and application support and services to enhance security and protection of your information. Click this link below to learn more: https://www.vumc.org/it/it-services
Position Shift: Days
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day: Celebrate 2019
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3 years relevant experience (preferred)
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
No Licensure or Certification Required.
Apply on company website