Fidelity TalentSource is hiring a DevOps Engineer with Systems Administration experience on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position will be located in Salt Lake City, UT.
The DevOps Engineer will support and participate in activities for technology projects within Fidelity Investments. We have four products and each product is at a different level of maturity in our path to accepting a DevOps model for software development. The right candidate will be working on projects focused on maturing the CD pipeline. The resource will be highly focused on solving complex problems in collaboration with other team members.
The candidate will assist with software engineering across multiple applications servicing our internal and external business partners and clients.
As a DevOps Engineer you will work within the team to focus on enabling a strong automation of deployment through our Fidelity Container as a Service and Internal/External cloud platforms. This role is focused on hands-on development and delivery, which requires a combination of both experienced technical and influencing skills, as well as participation in architecture, design and analysis activities.
- Identifying functional & non-functional requirements that are not currently met by the required capabilities and advocate solutions to address these gaps. Applying appropriate approaches to assessing trade-offs among architectural goals
- Implementing commit, acceptance and release capabilities from roadmap across CaaS/Internal/External cloud platforms with reference pipeline
- Actively participating in planning, definition, design & integration of pipeline services releases working with other BU SME's/Architects as required to assure consistency of product development and adoption of the product asset base across the product line
- Owning the implementation of generic common components/services aspects of pipelines, which may include applications, infrastructure, security and/or database strategies
- Participating in defining the technical & coding standards and guidelines for the team or group as well as implementing a strong internal DevOps process
- Participating in critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to assist the organization; driving resolution to technical issues; lead and perform impact analysis
- Working with Tech Leads and architects on evolving our pipeline service strategies to align industry trends with product strategy to drive business success
- Building links with development teams with quick alignment of value and understanding of the business and technology
Experience withcore scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Go and Java, as well as strong unix/shell skills
Knowledge of cloud provisioning and management tools like Cloud Formation and Terraform
Hands-on experience with automation of CI/CD pipelines for cloud applications
Acquaintance with 12 Factor principles, API Design and deployment patterns/strategies
Knowledge of application deployment and management patterns
Experienced in application and data security for cloud software
Good understanding of logging, monitoring and operational aspects of cloud applications
Experience in validated delivery and proposing solutions, roadmaps and reciprocally defining solutions and the needed architecture to enable it
Ability to provide technical leadership to the development, QA and support teams in preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions
Ability to identify integration patterns and points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations
Identify measurable dimensions (including return on investment) of a problem and present the options with pros and cons
Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills, as well as skills which present/influence technology direction in business context to the partners
Must have experience with Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, Artifactory, Sonatype Nexus, Urban Code Deploy, Docker, Chef, Shell scripting, JMeter, Splunk, Confluence, JIRA
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Masters a plus
5+ years' experience in Large Application Deployment Automation and DevOps implementations
Experience in cloud application deployment automation patterns and various scripting languages
Experience in Enterprise level Cloud Based Application Development and deployment such as AWS EKS, and AWS Fargate!
Experience with DevOps tools like Concourse, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.!
Understanding of cloud securit and AWS Cloud Certification
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit ftsjobs.com. Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website