Senior Registration/Bed Control Clerk
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
Registers inpatient and outpatient surgery patients. Takes surgical postings from physician offices and completes the Operating Room Schedule. Obtains release of patients who have expired. Assists in ordering supplies, correcting patient charge plates and provides copy of admitting patient registrations to residents. Responsible for the assignment of beds for all incoming patients, electives and emergency. Also responsible for assignment of beds for patients transferred from ICU and from one floor to another.
This employee will be able to: follow written and oral instructions, maintain a high level of confidentiality; possess the ability to make independent decisions, and have broad knowledge of Hospital's/Division's philosophies, policies, procedures; deal tactfully and pleasantly with co-workers, visitors and patients, works harmoniously with co-workers, and maintains a high level of "hospitality" in compliance with the Guest Relations policy.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous hospital admitting experience (1-2 years) preferred. Hotel/motel experience helpful. Typing required, experience with CRT desirable.
- Registers and admits incoming patients (elective, emergency, surgical outpatients) ensuring completeness and thoroughness, including signed Conditions of Admission forms, copy of insurance cards, claim forms printed/obtained from patient, and patient is properly situated.
- Accepts physician postings and completes OR schedule noting patient's name and home/work telephone numbers, and insurance information.
- Assigns beds for all incoming elective and emergency patients in accordance with stated preference whenever possible.
- Assigns beds for ICU and inter-floor patients being transferred. Make certain charge plates are properly noted and bed board is changed.
- Obtains release of expired patients. Ensures that no patients are picked up by funeral home unless proper releases are obtained.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks such as providing residents with copies of admission documents reflecting room assignments, supplying patient information to physician offices, and orders supplies in a timely fashion.
Apply on company website