Assistant Director of Revenue Cycle Systems
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Assistant Director of Revenue Cycle Systems is a member of the IS Leadership team and is responsible for all application planning, design, implementation and support for a wide variety of solutions in the Revenue Cycle areas of the health system. Responsibilities cover Epic revenue cycle applications and third-party "bolt-on" applications and their integration and inter-operability. Position includes supervising small teams and providing leadership and guidance to staff in performing assigned functions. It requires regular on-call availability. Provides recommendations regarding the strategy and maintenance in areas assigned. Serves as point of contact for the Revenue Cycle areas of the health system, including any software or technology needs for the areas.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, or in a related field required.
- Five years experience in Applications, Healthcare and Project Management required.
- Epic Certification preferred.
Combination of Revenue Cycle Management systems experience – including at least two of the following:
- Patient access (scheduling, registration and eligibility),
- Medical records (coding and release of information)
- Business office (hospital and professional billing, follow-up and cash posting) required
- Experience managing integrated third parties within revenue cycle solutions
- Familiarity with Epic Revenue Cycle applications – including Grand Central, Prelude, Cadence, HIM, Professional Billing, Hospital Billing, Claims and Remittances.
- Management and Analyst experience in a provider or vendor setting.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities without jeopardizing deadlines or goals
- Ability to effectively interface and collaborate with all levels within the organization (both technical and non-technical)
- Presenting complex concepts and information to individuals and groups at all levels of the organization in a simple concise manner
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal, and listening
- Working knowledge of Windows, Tablets, and mobile devices
- Competency in PC applications such as Office, Visio, Outlook, etc.
- Provide leadership in planning for future required capability. Formalize application strategies that are consistent with IS and Hospital Strategies and that define and drive the selection and implementation of core vendor and partner solutions, where possible. Ensure timely and regular Analyst meetings with user departments to gather requirements and educate with regards to current capabilities not being utilized and opportunities available to them.
- Oversees systems analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance, and release/change management for IS business application solutions.
- Attend relevant training seminars and programs and report relevant information to Information Services Director and Application Support staff. Reviewing current literature, establishing and maintaining personal networks with experts in all relevant fields to facilitation problem resolution and provide up-to-date information.
- Researching, testing, and analyzing, considering applicability for current and future needs of systems and application software. Sharing information and results with appropriate hospital staff (reporting on research results or recommendations). Specifying requirements, evaluating options, and identifying appropriate software for hospital acquisition, including analyzing compatibility issues and location vendors able to provide necessary ongoing support and competitive pricing.
- Prepares and reviews with Director monthly reports of the Application Support function's expense budget performance (plan-to-actual), project activity (plan-to-actual time frames and expenses), service level performance, status and performance of problem/change management activities, and resource expenditures by functional area.
- Ensure appropriate security requirements are an integral part of the design, development, and ongoing support of all application solutions.
Apply on company website