Care Coordinator, Children with Special Care Needs
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Care Coordinator will work under the direction of Arlington Pediatric Center pediatricians, and is responsible for medical case management for Children with Special Health Care Needs
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing Required
- 3 Years Clinical Experience Required
- Pediatric Clinical Experience Preferred
- Provides narrative and statistical reports as required under the terms of the grant which funds this position.
- Obtains authorizations from health insurance plans as needed.
- Maintains appropriate accounting and reporting systems on grant expenditures for patient care equipment and personal care items.
- Assists families in completing applications for assistance programs (eg CareConnection, pharmaceutical assistance programs, etc.).
- Coordinates with Eligibility Coordinator to ensure all eligible children make application for Medicaid or FAMIS.
- Identifies gaps in services and resources and participates on program planning and development.
- Maintains files regarding public and private community resources for CSHCN.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationship with insurance companies and managed care companies.
- Provides case management to ensure that Children with Special Health Care Needs have access to, and take advantage of, the full range of services described in the pediatrician's treatment plan including: Specialty Care, Specialized Therapies, Medications, Equipment, Transportation,Interpreting Services, Specialist Referrals, and Pre-authorizations. This includes vulnerable population management such as identifying patients with language/interpreter needs. Follows up on special conditions referred by the provider.
Apply on company website