Epic Clinical Analyst II, Clindoc
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
This position is an intermediate level analyst position that develops Epic application solutions as well as other 3rd party clinical systems by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions. The analyst typically fulfills multiple roles throughout the development, implementation, management, and on-going support of comprehensive clinical information systems. Gains knowledge of the Epic EMR software, as well as medical center operations and workflow, and works closely with the Epic project team's application analysts and clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality.
This individual participates in the development of workflows, system configuration, change documentation, and training staff on EPIC clinical application functionality. Analyzes procedures and problems within manual/automated health care systems; reports findings and when applicable recommends options for resolutions. Formulates system scope and objectives. Confers with professional staff to ascertain specific requirements and assists in the completion of programming specifications. This requires the individual to stay current with the system and/or application as well as interfacing with appropriate departmental and external analysts. Must employ excellent communication skills in sharing information with users within department.
Works independently in completing project tasks and executing the following tasks as part of a clinical systems implementation: building system components; testing, documentation of workflows and other project information; implementation support and maintenance of Epic clinical system software; builds data sets, master files and reports; performs quality assurance and integrated testing and releases new functionality to end-users; reviews vendor software releases and updates; provides 24/7 problem management support (On-Call) and resolution for clinical systems. In addition this position requires the ability to independently interact with clients and demonstrate critical thinking and follow through when developing solutions to identified issues
Key attention to the build and workflow requirements needed to achieve and maintain federal incentive programs, for example, Meaningful Use. Dedicated attention and resources to make rapid adjustments to improve compliance to federal initiative, reporting of outcomes related to patient safety and quality.
The Clinical Systems Applications Analyst II is responsible for establishing credibility at all levels including clinical providers and builds problem-solving partnerships with customers and colleagues.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's Degree is required (or 4 years equivalent experience). Preferred degree in: Health Care Administration, Clinical Information Systems, Informatics, Information Technology, or Sciences. RN, RRT, RPH, ARNP, PA degrees may also be acceptable.
- 5 years of progressive healthcare industry experience preferably in a hospital or major medical center clinical setting required.
- 3 years experience in systems deployment as a clinical analyst, business analyst, or systems analyst required. This includes designing, configuring, training, implementing, and supporting clinical systems applications.
- Healthcare operations background is desirable. Knowledge of operational healthcare hospital workflows including clinical and business workflow analysis for development of electronic solutions within assigned applications is preferred.
- Hands-on Epic clinical systems experience with appropriate Epic training in at least one area is preferred. Demonstrated technical administrative experience with Epic clinical applications, including but not limited to master file maintenance and clinical build (i.e. smart sets, order sets, documentation flowsheets). Experience supporting Epic clinical systems, with design, build and validate experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to employ systems analysis concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standards.
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to employ software quality assurance and testing concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standards.
- Experience in project planning and procedural analysis preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to work with SDLC concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, especially active listening and writing
- Epic Certification: application specific to be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Reviews and understands system options and specifications in Clinical applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
- Develops the preparation of functional and technical software specifications that reflect an in depth understanding of the business and end- user requirements while also considering the IT standards and technical direction.
- Works with Epic and legacy system resources and the user community to ensure the applications meet the organization's needs. Advises senior analysts and/or managers of potential problems, requirements for expanded services and status of current systems on an ongoing basis.
- Assists application and technical teams in the on-going management of user requests, issues, clinical application problems, and delivery or information management systems solutions such as software enhancements or issue resolution.
- Performs in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, reports details and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisions. Involves complex qualitative and quantitative analysis on data and information collected as part of application requirement gathering. Understand and translate the business functionality into Epic system configuration and workflow validations.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the medical and/or business operations of the assigned clinical groups, while managing vendor relationships and responding to any technical questions.
- Builds, tests, and debugs Epic application(s) to ensure the system meets end user requirements. Builds complete testing plans to validate system parameters and functionality performs as specified, with minimal guidance.
- Develops report specifications and works closely with report writers to ensure all operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with Meaningful Use requirements.
- Provides “at the elbow” support to new EpicCare users during their go-live phase, including direct provider support during patient encounters.
- Provides complete documentation of all tasks and projects; develops and maintains specifications according to departmental standards.
Apply on company website