- Title: Medical Assistant
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant (MA) educational program
- Certification in basic life support through the American Heart Association and knowledge of the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard.
- Minimum 1 year of experience.
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system and computer program for data entry and retrieval. Understanding of medical terminology is required.
- Other Qualifications:
- CCMAs (Certified Clinical Medial Assistants), AAMAs (American Association of Medical Assistants) and/or MAs certified through the American Medical Technologies (AMT) are strongly preferred.
- MA candidates who are not certified must agree to be certified within 6 months of initiation of employment.
- Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication ability, customer service skills, and telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and ability to communicate positively with patients and staff.
- Members of our dedicated care team work directly with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to ensure the highest level of care to our patients. In many practices of our multispecialty Physician Group, our Medical Assistant Care Team members may also be asked to perform phlebotomy, prepare specimens for transport to labs, perform simple laboratory procedures, take vital signs, prepare patients for procedures, assist with patient flow, and provide general support for practice operations.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the highest level.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance to include flexible working hours and offer a generous benefit package including health insurance, life, disability, 401K match, up to $5K annually in tuition reimbursement for those who qualify, and more.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 350-bed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Click the APPLY button, and you will be redirected to our website. Once you're on the website, please complete our 2-step application process: 1. the online application and 2. the electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire).
In order for your application to be valid, your electronic talent assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who only complete the application without the talent assessment won't be considered.
Apply on company website