If you want to work in healthcare because you believe that it is a privilege to be trusted by patients to deliver the best care, then you believe what we believe. If you are looking to join a likeminded, impeccable team, in a positive and collaborative work environment that comes from a leading hospital system, then we want you to join our Group.
Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group offers a true collaborative practice environment in which physicians and staff work closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care to our patients. We encourage the career growth of professional staff with opportunities for career advancement at all levels including Primary Care, Specialty and Medical practices as well as our Urgent Care.
Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group works to ensure that our staff can maintain the patient-centered focus for which the institution is renowned. In addition, you'll find the tools and technology needed to deliver the best possible medical care.
Title: Medical Assistant
Purpose and Scope:
Members of our dedicated care team work directly with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to ensure the highest level of care to our patients. In many practices of our multispecialty Physician Group, our Medical Assistant Care Team members may also be asked to perform phlebotomy, prepare specimens for transport to labs, perform simple laboratory procedures, take vital signs, prepare patients for procedures, assist with patient flow, and provide general support for practice operations.
A. Education: Understanding of medical terminology is required. High school degree and MA training is required.
B. Experience: Minimum of two years experience in physician office practice setting required. Able to use a multi-line telephone system and computer program for data entry and retrieval. Certification in basic life support and knowledge of the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard.
C. Other Qualifications: Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication ability, customer service skills, and telephone etiquette. Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality. Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and ability to communicate positively with patients and staff
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- VHC is a top Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2017, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is recognized in Becker's Healthcare "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018."
- VHC is a 394-bed, licensed, all-private room Hospital.
Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Complete the online application
- Completethe electronic talent assessment (multiple-choice questionnaire)
In order for your application to be valid, the electronic talent assessment must be completed and submitted. Applicants who only complete the application without the talent assessment won't be considered.
Apply on company website