Occupational Therapist, Inpatient (Acute Care)
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Occupational Therapist functions within their profession's Standard of Practice. The Occupational Therapist performs a thorough evaluation of patients assigned to him/her, establishes goals and plans of treatment to return the patient with disease, injury or disability to maximum level of function as outlined in the Rehab Department Procedures/Operational Guidelines Manual. He/She will delegate responsibilities and supervise supportive personnel, assist in administrative tasks, and participate in educational, orientation and performance improvement programs.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's in Occupational Therapy required
- Two years Occupational Therapy experience preferred
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapist by the Virginia Department of Health Professions required
- BLS preferred
- Establishes appropriate goals and a plan of treatment to meet those goals based on the functional activities specific to the patient's age group
- Monitors patient's color, level of responsiveness, degree of perspiration, and pulmonary status throughout treatment process. Accurately measures heart rate, blood pressure, and respiratory rate
- Instructs patients in home exercise programs and provides patient/family with copy
- Aware of the signs and symptoms of infection (redness, warmth, pain, rash) and communicates to other health care professional appropriately
- Therapist demonstrates competence, sound clinical judgment, and follows all state regulations with the following patient populations:
- Wound care
Apply on company website