Patient Care Representative - Radiology
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Patient Care Representative greets, schedules, meets, and registers patients in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Answers and routes telephone calls and messages. Coordinates insurance verifications and pre-authorizations. Maintains medical records and prepares charts/paperwork for all Medical Imaging modalities. Accurately registers and effectively places orders for all Medical Imaging modalities. Has working knowledge of Epic. Monitors waiting area and communicates with clinical staff of patient readiness. Provides assistance as needed to physicians, Department Managers, and clinical staff.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- High School Diploma required.
- One year of Office/Clerical experience required.
- One year of Healthcare experience required.
- Knowledge of medical office or hospital scheduling systems and electronic medical records preferred.
- Must present professionally, have a pleasant personality, and ability to communicate positively with patients and staff.
- Greets all patients in a courteous, professional manner.
- Obtains and accurately enters patient information into registration system.
- Provides registration face sheet to patients to review; make changes as necessary in the registration system.
- Efficiently and correctly schedules patient appointments according to departmental procedure.
- Answers the phone within three rings
- Handles multiple telephone lines with high call volumes. Screens and routes all call appropriately.
- Files correspondence promptly in patient charts when returned from clinician or manager.
Apply on company website