Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
Performs radiographic procedures at a technical level, not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require ingenuity and initiative in applying prescribed ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas and procedures as required.
- Must be Board Certified, i.e., ARRT, or registry eligible and must complete certification within six (6) months of employment.
- Accredited Program in Radiologic Technology Required.
- One year Radiography experience preferred.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification required.
- Knowledgeable of all Radiology equipment. Be assertive in determining correct use of any equipment through in-service or instruction from supervisor. Assists in troubleshooting all radiographic equipment.
- Review preparation activities with the Radiologist prior to performing an invasive, fluoro, or contrast procedure.
- Always explain procedure to the patient using terms they will understand, depending on the age and maturity level, when appropriate.
- Use collimation and shielding on all patients. Provide lead aprons or other protection to persons near x-ray exposure.
- Keep patients and designated family members informed at all times of the patient's conditions and/or delays in procedures.
Apply on company website