Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
Responsible for providing quality and timely nutritional care to patients. Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of Regulatory, Departmental, and Hospital policies and procedures pertaining to nutritional care, including nutrition screening, assessment, and reassessment; food-drug interactions; enteral and parenteral nutrition support; patient education; outpatient counseling; and documentation. Must demonstrate competence in assessing the nutritional requirements of patients across the life-cycle, including: neonatal (birth -1 year), pediatric (1-11 years), adolescent (12-17 years), adult (18-65 years), geriatric (65 and over), and pregnant/lactating patients.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of health related services preferred
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.) or eligible to sit for the Registration Examination
- One year experience with dietetics in an acute care facility preferred
- Utilizes available screening mechanisms to identify patients requiring nutritional intervention
- Assigns priority level of care to patients for assessment time frames
- Determines nutritional implications of selected laboratory tests, anthropometric data, and other clinical data
- Provides diet/nutrition education and counseling according to established practice guidelines and standards
- Develops and conducts effective nutrition in-services for the medical staff, nursing, and other groups based on need
Apply on company website