Registered Nurse - CV Stepdown & CVICU
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its nurses and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
At Virginia Hospital Center, our nursing staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the nursing profession. Nurses at Virginia Hospital Center are recognized for excellence in patient care by patients and by national and regional organizations. Virginia Hospital Center is among the 7% of hospital staffs nationwide that achieve the Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, signifying the highest level of recognition in nursing excellence.
This is a Cardiovascular Stepdown & Intensive Care Unit and includes recovery for CVOR patients. The patient population includes late adolescent to geriatric patients who have undergone cardiac, thoracic, or vascular surgeries such as Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts, Valve replacement, lung surgery/thorocotomy, VATS, Carotid Endartectomy, Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm repair, vascular bypass, etc.
- RN Licensure with Reciprocity in the state of Virginia
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider CPR
- Critical care experience (includes telemetry experience)
- Actively participates in working towards the organizational and departmental goals for providing exceptional patient experiences
- Collaborates with patient and healthcare team to assess, plan, implement, and/or evaluate patient's plan of care.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to industry standards and measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and benchmarks.
- Consistently assesses, identifies and addresses patient's educational needs and barriers to learning.
- Maintains safe working environment and patient safety by complying with hospital policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and technical skills to perform all duties required to care for patients.
Apply on company website