Physical Therapist - Inpatient (Acute Care)
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Physical Therapist functions within their profession's Standard of Practice. The Physical Therapist performs a thorough evaluation of patients assigned to him/her, establishes goals and plans of treatment to return the patient with disease, injury or disability to maximum level of function as outlined in the Rehab Department Procedures/Operational Guidelines Manual. He/She will delegate responsibilities and supervise supportive personnel, assist in administrative tasks, and participate in educational, orientation and performance improvement programs.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Recommend one year experience.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy is perferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current American Heart Association BLS CPR certification required.
- Consistently implements and documents an individualized plan of care according to department guidelines and seeks consultation to identify appropriate interventions.
- Documentation reflects appropriate level of skill and experience using a systematic process / evidence based practice.
- Responds independently to patient/family needs, utilizing appropriate resources to meet short and long-term goals.
- Provides patient/family education based on learning needs assessment and according to education guidelines, age/developmental level and cultural background.
- Reviews and revises plan of care incorporating short-and long-term goals.
Apply on company website