Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The safety-security officer patrols Virginia Hospital Center facilities and property to maintain order, protect personnel, and prevent fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, etc. Enforces Virginia Hospital Center policies and provides assistance to patients, visitors, and employees. Responds to other Security requirements of the VHC campus. Responds to complaints of wrongdoing and prepares incident reports/activity logs.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- High school graduate or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have a clean police record and have a valid state driver's license and present a current copy of driving record from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Be in excellent physical condition, and be able to communicate verbally and in writing, in English, and get along well with others. Must be a resident of the Metropolitan area.
- Minimum of 1 year of security officer experience is desirable.
- Prior work experience involving significant customer service delivery is also desirable.
- Makes frequent patrols of the hospital and grounds.
- Monitors hallway for wheelchairs, carts, stretchers or medical equipment that appear to be blocking exits.
- Provides appropriate response to emergency situations or calls for assistance.
- Ensures that incident reports are prepared for unusual circumstances, such as theft, vandalism, disorderly conduct/behavior, missing property, suspicious individuals or occurrences, personal or vehicular accident. Carefully includes all medical codes and any occurrences deemed important in incident reports.
- Collects, inventories, and releases lost and found items.
- Operates hospital vehicle in accordance with state law.
- Checks for security and safety problems and takes appropriate action.
- Reports on all emergency code calls.
Apply on company website