As a Sr. Portfolio Reporting analyst, you will work with PMO Manager to create, implement, and optimize technology performance management reporting for the organization to help IT RUN LIKE A BUSINESS. You will be working across Business units to drive transparency and IT demand management mindset by gathering key financial, project, operational, audit, risk, talent, vendor mgmt. metrics. You will run review meetings with the business units and ensure timely closure of action items resulting from those reviews. Your eye for improvement will be fully leveraged to make the gathering and reporting of metrics more efficient and impactful. Your expertise and critical thinking skills are a must when meeting with leaders to help manage and influence performance measurement and organizational objectives.Role Responsibilities:
- Work with IT PMO manager in establishing reporting needs and processes for the organization
- Partner with enterprise PMO team and business unit PMO to define and ensure consistent reporting standards
- Work with the TBM team to ensure automation of data gathering and extraction of data
- Define and monitor metrics/scorecards to measure progress against objectives, risk identification and mitigation
- Create dashboards to meet the diverse needs of the organization by BU and roles
- Foster an environment of mutual respect and cooperation, transparency, autonomy, agility, learning, innovation, quality and speed of execution
- Build solid working relationships and utilize effective negotiation and persuasion skills in working across the organizations
- Partner with IT controller create a detailed calendar of event to track multiple portfolio level metrics and delivery deadlines. Implement processes and prepare necessary data sets for IT project teams to meet these delivery deadlines.
- Implements effective communication plans to fulfill information needs of executive, business and IT stakeholders and provides timely and accurate project financials and status reports.
- Partner with each project PM, BU managers and team leads to, establish a detailed plan for accurately track actuals, and future forecasting for internal/external labor costs, SG&A spend, RTB accruals.
- Serves as an SME for IT project and BU financials and ensures that actuals and forecast track to approved budgets.
- Perform detailed financial analysis of IT spend by project/BU, creates reporting dashboards, prepares, compiles and presents data in consumable format for various stake holders.
- Partner with business PMO team to establish standards for project prioritization, detailed reporting frameworks and best practices.
- Partners with project managers in coaching teams on Agile/Scrum methodologies, defines, advocates and ensures adherence to agile practices.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, encourage the adoption of agile practices and result in improved project execution
Experience: Required –
- 7+ years IT PMO, program mgmt., project mgmt. experience with a focus on reporting, creating balanced score cards, KPI mgmt.
- 7+ years of experience in gathering and analyzing key financial, project, operational, audit, risk, talent, vendor mgmt. metrics.
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology portfolio mgmt. with large and complex projects, spanning the entire organization, in both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- B.S., B.A. in Computer Science or related discipline, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent job experience.
- One of the following
- PMP certification
- Advanced Scrum Master (A-CSM)
- Advanced Degree a plus
- SAFe Agilisit
- Effectively work across multiple business units, matrixed environments in influencing and establishing reporting vision, standards and policies, coordinating the delivery of multiple projects.
- Effectively work across multiple business units, matrixed environments in influencing and establishing, IT project reporting standards, policies and weekly/monthly timelines.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging processes and technologies
- Ability to establish and execute a strategic plan for transitioning organization towards agile methodologies and reporting needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail, ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT organization.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills, strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Thorough knowledge of Agile practices and methodologies – able to lead and direct Agile coaches.
- Specialized Skills:
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Access database and PowerPoint.
- Well versed on the concepts of IT cost transparency, Total cost of Ownership, demand management, IT consumer and IT producer views
- Demonstrated expertise in setting standards for financial reporting by BU, by project and establish process to track these financials with assigned budgets.
- Deep understanding of, and ability to deliver on, leadership needs for financial and tactical data and reporting at the portfolio level. Ability to present IT financials and spend on OPEX, CTB and RTB for each BU and overall portfolio.
- Solid experience with Project & Resource Management Skills. Solid financial background with experience on complex financial models and ability to produce detailed reporting metrics.
- Expertise in IT solutions/systems; i.e. Jama/Jira/Confluence, Planview, ServiceNow and SharePoint
- Deep understanding of Agile values, principles, and practices (Scrum and Kanban)
- Hands on experience in Scrum & Kanban as well as Agile scaling methodologies.
- Agile Certified Practitioner certification from PMI
- Experience in a large financial services environment is a plus.
- Experience in a large financial services and technology mgmt. environment is a plus.
- Travel 15% of the time
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website