Job Summary:A role within the Office of General Counsel (“OGC”) for Volkswagen Group of America, under the supervision of the Assistant General Counsel for Privacy, Data Governance, and E-Discovery, and in coordination with in-house litigation and claims counsel and paralegals, the Legal Hold Coordinator coordinates and supports VWGoA's legal holds procedure, metrics, and reporting, and has an administrator role managing the company's legal hold application, in support of the company's litigation, claims and investigation activities. The Legal Hold Coordinator will support and train case paralegals and in-house attorneys in instituting legal holds within the company legal hold application in a manner compliant with company policies and procedures. The Coordinator will also work with case teams periodically under the supervision of counsel, to review scope and sufficiency of legal holds. The Coordinator will also perform regular checks of software applications to ensure quality and accuracy, and will develop and generate standard and ad hoc reports from the legal hold application.
The role also supports the company's E-Discovery Specialists with collection and production of company data in support of legal matters, and may perform other duties as assigned in support of the VWGoA E-Discovery team, including serving in a project management capacity.
- In coordination with in-house counsel and e-discovery specialists, manages use of legal holds application.
- Works with other E-Discovery team members to build, improve, and support legal hold policies and procedures.
- Supports in-house attorneys, paralegals and IT personnel on legal holds best practices.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with legal holds policies and procedures.
- Edits and maintains litigation hold and preservation plan templates.
- Assists in-house counsel and paralegals on matter-specific legal holds requirements.
- Support the company's E-Discovery Specialists to coordinate retrieval, preservation, organization and collection of company's electronic records at the direction of counsel.
- Support the company's E-Discovery Specialists to work with IT on preservation plans and collections.
- Conducts quality checks and audits of matter and holds data. Compiles statistics on quality of data.
- Works to develop data consistency across matters.
- Designs complex database searches in the application.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports for legal teams, records managers and IT from various systems.
- Coordinates with IT to track, troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
- Assists with software installations and upgrades, analyzes and troubleshoots application issues.
- Facilitates and helps conduct training sessions on use of legal hold application.
- Prepares training materials and coordinates user group meetings.
- Creates and maintains project documentation, ensuring a clear audit trail.
- Works on other litigation support and e-discovery projects as requested, including supporting the team's project management efforts.
Required Experience:5 years' experience in litigation or litigation support experience a large law firm, corporate legal department or at a national vendor of litigation support services. Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Desired Education:
Paralegal or E-Discovery degree or certification, e.g., through the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists
- Experience administering, using, and reporting from relevant or functionally similar software applications.
- Basic knowledge of technology, computers and computer networking.
- Familiarity with internal controls, quality management, or similar business process concepts.
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Project management experience and familiarity with project management techniques and software.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client service orientation to deliver a broad range of innovative and value-added services.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time constraints.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A commitment to the highest quality service to internal and external customers.
Apply on company website