VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future.
Innovation. Sophistication. Optimization. This is our Passion.
Worldwide, the Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations. The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the world's leading automobile manufacturers and the largest carmaker in Europe. The Group comprises twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN. Here in the US, we are blending German engineering with American ingenuity.
At the Innovation & Engineering Center California (IECC), we represent the Volkswagen Group in applied research and development. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, we create bold new ideas for the Volkswagen, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche brands. We're a team of engineers, designers, scientists, and psychologists looking to develop innovations for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries and research institutions into the automotive domain. Our mission is to drive change which means we are not only impacting one of the world's largest car makers, but also the lives of millions of people. Are you ready to join us?
Navigation Functional Owner/Systems Engineer (Long-term Contract)
Candidates most suited for this position are able to derive technical systems from market-driven ideas, assertively work with suppliers building trust and finding common ground solutions, and work well in a multi-disciplinary environment.
This position is part of a team that focuses on the development of vehicle related embedded, backend, and frontend software systems with particular relevance to the US and Canadian markets.
- Travel is estimated to be 25-50% (About three months travel to Germany at the start for training)
- Must have (or obtain within 30 days of starting) a valid California driver's license without points, accidents or DUI's.
- Must be willing and able to travel to Canada and Germany
- Must be able to be gone for up to two weeks at a time
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4-7 years of experience working with development teams, preferably in telematics/navigation services projects
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Start-to-end North America Region (NAR) navigation feature development process from Request For Quote(RFQ) discussion with suppliers, Interface/State Chart definition, HMI concepts and implementation to market ready quality
- Collaboration with other functional owners and stakeholders
- Taking complete ownership of NAR specific navigation features
- Technical understanding of how maps works embedded in vehicle and mobile
- Issue/risk analysis and lifecycle management
- Creating Proof Of Concept(POC) for new feature ideas
- Strong knowledge about automotive bus systems
- Good understanding of routing and guidance services
- Requirement definition for market specific implementation
- Review and rework of global requirements for market specific demands
- Review and rework of state charts / HMI specifics based on market requirements
- passion for maps and navigation
- Creating Story boards, concepts, requirements and state chart drafts for new feature ideas, requests, market feedback, quality issues
- Defines and tracks work packages for navigation function related components
- System-level thinking
- Reporting of status and progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Apply on company website