VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing.
Position is responsible to coordinate all Product Marketing activities for certain carlines for the NAR in close alignment with each market as well as key functions in Wolfsburg, Chattanooga, and Puebla.
This includes Anflugplanmanagement according to milestones, Life Cycle Management, Launch activities, Special Models, management of product feature palette, coordination of achievement of financial targets for new vehicle projects, monitoring of complexity as well as preparation of Board documents.
• Collaborates markets' interests and acts as liaison between markets and vehicle project teams. (25%)
• Reviews, evaluates and checks accuracy of Market Input for product, price, & volume assumptions for assigned model(s). (20%)
• Negotiates with markets to achieve common goals such as financial targets (20%)
• Supports markets with input for VW AG PSK and other product development milestones & evaluations. (5%)
• Supports creation and implementation of model year change points, including sales configurations, throughout lifecycle of the vehicle (5%)
• Manages region's complexity through definition and consolidation of offer structures (5%)
• Prepares input for NAR Board-level meetings (5%)
• Organizes and Conducts workshops (5%)
• Coordinates cross-carline strategies; eg. Powertrain, Infotainment, Driver Assistant (5%)
• Submits and tracks product requests (5%)
• Coordinates and implements markets' launch plans
• 5 - 7 years of professional experience in automotive or related industry for product planning / product management
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills including listening and oral and written presentation of ideas
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex information
• Effective time management and organizational ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
• Solid work ethic with desire to contribute to achieving team goals and revenue targets.
• Problem solving skills
• Analytical skills
• Conceptual thinking skills
• Resource management
• Integration – joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to collaborate on multiple cross-functional teams
• Computer savvy – Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Extensive Excel knowledge including formulas, referencing, linking, etc.
• Extensive PowerPoint capabilities, including the ability to create aesthetically pleasing and functional presentations
• Knowledge of automotive industry: competitive environment, industry trends & structure, retail operations, financial structure of products & feature content
• Experience in vehicle development process (PEP), and it's Product Marketing requirements
• Understanding of Volkswagen organization and decision processes and relevant committees
• Master's Degree
• German Language skills
• Travel time less than 10%
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website