VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing.
The Public Relations Specialist will work in partnership with the Communications Manager to develop and implement strong strategic external communications, working collaboratively with the Communications team. The specialist will support the development and promotion of a positive image of the Volkswagen Chattanooga factory to the public and press in order to enhance perceptions in Chattanooga, across Tennessee and in N. Georgia as appropriate. The Specialist will collaborate and assist with internal communications initiatives.Role Responsibilities
- To work with the Communications Manager to plan and implement external communications activities to advance the plant's communication goals and meet the strategic objectives.
- To develop and maintain a communications schedule for continuous engagement and media/editorial content.
- To track relevant policy and media developments to help inform the Communications team and internal stakeholders.
- To establish networks and communication channels internally and externally, identifying to ensure coordinated communications efforts.
- To identify opportunities for partnership development and stakeholder outreach.
- To manage the plant's social media accounts, draft engaging content and connect with audiences.
- To manage and keep up-to-date the plant's digital media archive and press clips
- To supply plant or product information and/or imagery to the media and partners as appropriate.
- To initiate, plan and organize press conferences to the media, business and political stakeholders.
- To draft external communications, including media advisories and releases, regarding the plant.
- To serve as Company spokesperson when Communications Manager is not available.
- To develop positive community relations for the plant as well as ideas for reputation and risk management.
- To ensure all information published about the plant by third parties is accurate and up to date.
- To support third parties in brand compliance.
- To oversee the production and design of collateral materials (brochures, signage).
- To oversee communications with charitable organizations re: the plant's giving program, and coordinate evaluation and execution with the Communication team
- To coordinate events, including press conferences, working with budgets and in coordination with vendors.
Years of Relevant Experience
- 3-5 years
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Public Affairs, Journalism or similar field
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Integrity & diplomacy
- Ability to operate independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels
- Minimum of 3 years in Communications / Public Relations field
- Ability to use analytics to improve decision-making
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of design standards including brand compliant typographic treatment, layout, packaging, visual balance, color usage, and user interfaces
- Excellent time management and professional collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities to produce committed results with quality on schedule
- Experience in special events coordination
- A working-knowledge and understanding of AP Style
- Proficiency with researching, authoring and re-purposing content for communication including email, storyboards, social media and web
- Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results
- Working knowledge of platforms/software for email communication, social media, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors
- Ability to build relationships of trust by having a proactive point of view
- Journalism or agency experience
- Basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- Familiarity with videography/photography and storyboard development; assisting with photo/film shoots
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or regulated environment with active community engagement
Apply on company website