VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing.
The Senior UX Designer will own all customer research, prototyping, IA mapping, low and high fidelity UX design, and product branding for the Shopping and Buying Experience as well as for Mobility solutions at Volkswagen North American Region.
This role will have significant visibility to the senior management teams of Volkswagen NAR, Volkswagen Group of America, Volkswagen Group Canada, Volkswagen de Mexico as well as Volkswagen Financial Services and other Volkswagen Group brands. Therefore, exceptional communication skills are key.
• User Interaction – The core responsibility of this role is to create the visual designs of the end-to-end CX across all digital and partly non-digital channels for the NAR markets USA, Mexico and Canada. This will functionally span everything from sketching initial ideas for digital user experience flows, to creating production-ready wireframes and comps for mobile app and website experiences, to physical and digital marketing materials.
• Customer Research– A key step in our ideation and strategy process will be customer research. That means writing interview scripts and talking to customers one-on-one, writing and conducting research surveys, and getting feedback on initial new product designs. This is a highly specialized skill that will be an important component of this role, but secondary to the design work.
• Product Strategy – The teams will be highly collaborative and therefore a component of this role will be to continually participate in and help guide the product strategy for our digital businesses.
• Designing experiential research
• Moderating empathy research sessions
• Designing flows and experiences that are incredibly simple, elegant and integrated into our customer's digital (website, portal, app) and physical experiences (e.g. dealers) for every product and feature we conceptualize, research, and launch
• Contributing to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive team
• Partnering with product managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
• 7+ years of experience with digital product design (visual and interaction)
• 7+ years of experience with product development and product management
• Experience with in-person empathy based customer research
• Omnichannel design experience, including mobile design or mobile development experience
• Mobile design or mobile development experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Passion for identifying and solving real customer and business problems
• Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
• Demonstrated product thinking and vision
• Flexible in design approach, working across the spectrum of low (drawings, wireframes) and high (production ready design) fidelity
• Experience building and shipping applications or software
• A strong design vision with a passion for iterating in collaboration with a cross-functional team
• A fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to, and can influence, senior executives
• Expertise in customer research techniques and in-person moderation
• Proficient using tools like Sketch, Illustrator, Fireworks, Photoshop and Invision
• Can efficiently use skills to develop integrated, multichannel interaction flows and needed new designs within existing and new visual systems and design languages
• A portfolio which highlights strong understanding of design elements such as color, photography, iconography and animation including project examples that showcase digital branding, UI elements and illustration
• Master's degree in a design related field
• Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
• Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders.
• Work with our creative director and visual designers to incorporate the visual identity of Twitter into features. Develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, and specifications as needed.
• Travel 20% of the time
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website