As part of the business development team, the Venture Charging Solutions Sales Leader pursues electric charging infrastructure projects that Electrify America will deliver under its venture charging services business outside of the consent decree. Opportunities are cultivated and developed prior to RFP release and sometimes may grow out of work Electrify America has performed under the consent decree. Customers will vary but typically include utilities, car manufacturers, federal, state and local governments, as well as electric vehicle fleet operators, and site developers. The VCS leader has the knowledge and flexibility to develop charging solutions of all sizes for all customer types.
The main responsibility of the VCS leader is to help secure contracts for Electrify America outside of the consent decree. The VCS leader detects, develops, and wins opportunities through her or his proactive customer engagement and excellent networking skills. The VCS leader is experienced in the field of technology sales, strives to understand his customers' needs, and develops the best possible solution in close collaboration with the technology and operations groups. For a given account or opportunity, she or he serves as customer point-of-contact from the pre-RFP stage all the way through contract award and execution. The VCS leader is a team player who works in a small, close-knit business development group that lives Electrify America's dynamic, fast-paced corporate culture. High organization and opportunity tracking via CRM software is required.
The VCS leader regularly interacts cross-functionally with other departments and company leadership. She or he coordinates with other business development team members to ensure customer needs are met and quality work products are being generated.Role Responsibilities Main responsibility
- Conduct venture business sales activities (as described under role summary above)
- Supporting duties: Identify, cultivate, and manage prospective charging opportunities: Build the opportunity pipeline (calls, conferences, meetings, trade shows); define project requirements/scope; contract management/negotiation, launch, ongoing communication, etc.
- Proposal development support
- Supporting duties: Help develop RFP-compliant, winning proposals in collaboration with the Venture Charging Solutions specialist and other stakeholders.
Years of Relevant Experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree in a related field
- Customer focus
- Persuasive personality
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Exceptional communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Integration – bringing together people, processes and systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Extensive, customer-facing sales experience – demonstrated record of devising customer-centric solutions and securing business
- Opportunity pipeline management
- Sales strategy development
- Win-loss analyses
- Thriving in the pursuit of creative solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations
- Contract management including the redline process and negotiations
- Previous experience with projects that require extensive cross-functional coordination
- Demonstrated ability to close complex business opportunities
- Comfortable engaging with and pitching to customer leadership
- Good MS Office skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with CRM tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Understanding of EV charging ecosystem (manufacturers, installation companies, utilities and related government agencies)
- Estimated travel about 40% of the time to visit customers and attend conferences and trade shows
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website