VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing. Available to work overtime as needed; Change shifts as required The purpose of the Warehouseperson is to successfully perform the specified procedure or task in the Warehouse Operations department. These procedures or tasks may include receiving, stocking, picking, packing, and shipping with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and warehouse performance. Additionally, the Warehouseperson will be required to adhere to set quality standards, and perform the assigned task in accordance with PDC or RDC safety and performance requirements. Operational Duties:
- Receive and stock Inbound orders manually and with the assistance of material handling equipment (Materials including single items and case goods may weigh up to 65 pounds).
- Note the quantity and any discrepancies in quantities as well as record any damages
- Process required documents with accuracy within PDC safety and performance requirements.
- Process Inbound orders using RF technology and following PDC standard operation procedures
- Process Outbound orders using manual techniques and material handling equipment, RF technology and by following PDC standard operating procedures (Materials including single items and case goods may weigh up to 65 pounds).
- Verify inventory accuracy to make sure it's the right part and the right quantity
- Unload or load trailers, verify bills of lading, and check for transit damage.
- Monitor and report equipment damages and operational issues to Team Leader.
- Maintain the cleanliness, orderliness, and safety of all areas of the RDC/PDC.
- Train other associates and new hires when necessary.
- Observe all safety rules including safe lifting techniques, proper equipment entry and exit techniques, proper material stacking techniques,
- Observe all quality standards, and follow standard operating procedures for assigned tasks.
- Verification of information printed on a receiving and picking label field on TekRF equipment and its relevance to the assigned task.
- Develop a good working knowledge of each department's processes and procedures, including receiving, stocking, picking, packing, and shipping.
- Process HazMat materials and other parts while following regulatory requirements.
Performance Metrics include but not limited to:
- Completes inbound and outbound orders within established goals and expectations
- Quality of work performed in accurate, thorough and neat (standard 1/1000)
- Assigned work area is to be maintained in and orderly and clean fashion (Including the removal of packaging waste such as pallets, pallet boxes, shrink wrap, and other dunnage items from rack and floor locations).
- Follow and maintain all safety guidelines
Apply on company website