To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Graduate from a Therapy Assistant accredited curriculum. Eligible for certification and/or licensure per state regulations.
2. Is a registered assistant the state of employment or is eligible for registration in the state of employment.
3. Ability to understand medical terminology and how it applies to Therapy in order to communicate with residents, staff and physicians, and to prepare meaningful reports.
4. Coordination and dexterity necessary to manipulate tools and materials while instructing residents.
5. Adequate strength and endurance to meet the physical demands involved in using equipment, tools, and materials while instructing residents.
7. Verbal and written ability is necessary to understand oral and written instructions; to communicate with residents, staff and family; and to prepare reports as directed by the Registered Therapist.
8. Motor coordination, manual and finger dexterity are necessary to coordinate movements of eyes, hands and fingers and to manipulate materials while instructing residents.
9. Spatial and form perception are necessary to visualize shapes, patterns and other pertinent details in specifications and pictures.
10. Ability to undertake a variety of changing duties as required by many different projects.
11. Ability to work under specific instructions as to the scope of a project, but to use initiative and judgment in adapting project to patient.
12. Ability to observe all necessary precautions in the use of equipment to prevent injury to resident or staff.
13. Be willing to work weekends and holidays, as needed, on a rotational basis.
14. Be willing to travel and work at other VOA facilities, as needed.
15. Maintain productivity standards as directed by supervisor.
16. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
17. Able to meet the requirements identified in the Essential Functions.
Apply on company website