The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Interacts with staff, consultants and outside vendors.
2. May be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday.
3. Exposure to blood, body tissue of fluids.
4. Exposure to hazardous waste materials, dust and loud or unpleasant noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands:
1. Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, reaching, pushing, turns, crouches, kneeling, standing, use of pulling, bending and stooping movements intermittently throughout the working day.
2. Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and schedule.
3. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
4. Push, pull, lift or carry furniture and equipment.
5. Manipulate various cleaning equipment and supplies.
6. Frequent contact with water and strong cleaning and disinfectant solutions.
7. Possess adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as moving, repairing and installing major equipment, repairing roofs, painting and lawn work.
8. Works both inside and outside, often exposed to high temperatures, noise and vibration of operating equipment.
9. Ability to work beyond regularly scheduled shift (overtime) when necessary.
Safe Work Performance Expectations
The safety of employees, residents and visitors is of paramount importance to Volunteers of America. Our work place safety program will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety performance equal with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
1. Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
2. Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
3. Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
4. All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
5. Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
6. Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
7. Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
8. Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
9. Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
Apply on company website