The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Interacts with staff, consultants and outside vendors.
- May be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday.
- Exposure to blood, body tissue of fluids.
- Exposure to hazardous waste materials, dust and loud or unpleasant noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands:
- Employee needs ability to move continuously; may cover large distances walking through facility and is on feet consistently.
- Vision requirements include both near and far vision.
- Frequently required bend, squat, stoop, twist, reach, crouch, knell, push and pull; occasionally required to climb, crawl, and balance.
- Frequent sitting or standing.
- Frequent repetitive pushing, pulling, grasping and find manipulation.
- Frequent resident handling.
- Occasional lifting from floor.
- Employee is required to frequently carry up to twenty-five (25) lbs. and to carry up to seventy-five (75) lbs.; frequently required to lift up to one hundred (100) lbs., and occasionally lift up to seventy-five (75) lbs.
- At times may be required to drive automotive equipment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and schedule.
- Ability to hear normal sounds within background noise.
- Ability to speak clearly and make self understood.
- Ability to keep attention on task if routinely interrupted.
- Ability to understand a variety of concepts/approaches.
- Ability to remember tasks/assignments for a full shift.
- Ability to work beyond regularly scheduled shift (overtime) when necessary.
Safe Work Performance Expectations
The safety of employees, residents and visitors is of paramount importance to Volunteers of America. Our work place safety program will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety performance equal with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
- Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
- Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
- All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
- Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.
Apply on company website