Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center: Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
This job involves managing design & construction activities for high profile capital projects using set goals and expectations that are provided by VUMC. This position must fully understand the project, understand the complete development cost for the project, and keep all parties informed as well as seek direction from appropriate sources. The project manager is responsible for continual development of the relationship between VUMC Planning, Design, and Construction and its' customers as well as leadership, and management. The Architect/PM has oversight for all aspects of the design & construction program including cost, scope, quality & overall schedule. The project manager's primary responsibilities are to maintain the project scope and budget approved by the Vanderbilt University Medical Center and to meet certain reporting responsibilities.
· Evaluate/perform planning options for space use
· Perform and/or participate in site evaluations for specified purposes
· Produce schematic and design development drawings for review
· Review drawings during design phase
· Coordination of user meetings to review design
· Coordination of program changes or design modifications during construction
· Prepare color selections and presentation boards for user
· Assist in selection and coordination of furniture selections for user
· Review and "stamp" shop drawings
· Confirm existing conditions on projects
· Write specifications and complete door, finish, and hardware schedules, etc.
· Draw design details and coordinate inclusion on project drawings
· Maintenance of written documentation of key decisions project schedules, budgets and meeting minutes
· Administers and coordinates owner output with Architects and Engineers during design and construction administration
· Review of A/E contracts
· Review of drawings during design
· Coordination of user meetings to review design
· Review of final documents for appropriateness to VUMC expectations
· Coordination of program changes or design modification during construction
· Review of pay requests
· Review project with Codes and State Health officials with Consultants
· Assist with coordination between the User and Purchasing regarding the selection of furniture and the coordination of equipment for the project
· Assist with the coordination between User and Information Management and ITS regarding the installation of cabling, computers and telephones in the project
· Perform/participate in material and products/equipment evaluations and comparisons
· Administers and coordinates owner input during pricing and construction phase with Contractors or Construction Managers
· Clarification of VUMC expectations on project during pricing phase
· Review of Construction Contracts
· Coordination of shop drawings and equipment review
· Review of project progress
· Review and evaluate construction changes to scope and budget during the construction phase
· Review of job for final completion and acceptance
· Assist with the coordination of furniture and equipment for conformance with the chosen color palette and compatibility with services identified on Construction Documents
· Develop and implement signage package
· Close out projects
· Close out project
· Receipt and review of as-built drawings
· Receipt of equipment service and maintenance manuals and project warranties
· Coordination of operations start-up
· Coordinate State Health Inspections and submittals
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Licensed Architect Preferred.
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Apply on company website