JOB SUMMARY: The Construction Project Manager supervises the operation and administration of complex and/or multiple construction projects.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The VUMC Planning Design and Construction Department supports the mission of VUMC, creating the physical environments that promote healing, research and learning by collaborating with internal departments, design teams, construction teams and the community.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
· Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Manages project deliverables within the budget and on schedule.
- Estimates project budgets using a variety of methods.
- May generate budgets and dissect/analyze project budgets and schedules.
- Identifies, understands and actively manages project risk.
- Coordinates the various stakeholders of the project including contractor, design team, vendors.
- Identifies with potential schedule impacts including scope, weather, manpower, and changes and facilitates mitigation plans for these impacts.
- Negotiates Project issues including and change order, contingency expenditures
- Maintains thorough understanding of contract documents.
- Establishes and leads/participates in Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings.
- Communicates and enforces VUMC Safety policies.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture (or related field).
- Healthcare Construction experience is preferred and 5 years relevant experience.
*IND000 *NHCN *CA
Apply on company website