As an Engineer in the area of OBD certification and compliance, the primary responsibility will involve contributions to the engineering team for the purpose of obtaining timely approval of future model year OBD systems. This responsibility would include oversight of respective certification documentation, supporting activities to obtain certification of OBD systems. Additional responsibilities would include working the OBD compliance team to identify and report on field issues and developing technical resolution of field issues.
Job ResponsibilitiesOBD Certification (60%)
- Assemble and contribute required certification information to the engineering team for achieving timely approvals of OBD System from the Agency.
- Develop technical information and participate in negotiations informing the Agency about future OBD System strategies.
- Lead discussions as the OBD technical representative involving OBD certification requirements and compliance related issues
- Coordinate OBD Demonstration testing and PVE testing activities to meet related regulatory reporting requirements.
- Create reports along with supportive documentation and conduct any necessary follow up related to the testing results.
- Lead the OBD compliance team in developing technical solutions of OBD field issues.
- Technical representative for VWGoA during reporting discussions/negotiations with the Government Agency.
- 5+ years OBD Certification experience.
- BSME, BSEE, or BS degree equivalent.
- Master's Degree in related engineering discipline
- Comprehensive understanding of OBD system software and hardware design.
- Proficiency in explaining OBD control system functionality.
- Capable of comprehending present and future OBD strategy and calibration methodologies.
- In depth knowledge of OBD regulations and regulatory requirements needed for OBD Certification.
- Familiarity with OBD tools and communications protocols.
- Experience with Government Agency (CARB) negotiations involving OBD certification approval.
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle emission standards, emission certification requirements, and AECD applications.
- Demonstrated technical presentation and negotiation skills.
- PVE reporting, and/or Certification application processing
- Fuel control system design and/or calibration experience.
- Software development of OBD control system algorithms.
- Data acquisition, on road vehicle testing experience.
- Fleet testing experience, OBD Demonstration, or PVE testing.
- General automotive analytical and diagnostic experience.
- Knowledge of the design and function of serial bus systems.
- Experience with problem resolution of OBD communications issues in the field.
- Working knowledge of project timing and familiarity with MS-Project
- 5-10% Travel, typically 2-5 day duration
- To work with a globally distributed OBD development and vehicle certification team.
- Attending offsite conferences, symposiums, and workshops as a VW representative.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. #LI-ST1
Apply on company website