This role is responsible for the following:
- Designing, Developing and releasing exterior components according to VW standards.
- Localizing components and suppliers to U.S.
- Liaising between the production process partners and exterior/interior engineering in Chattanooga and/or the exterior/interior engineering in Germany and Mexico.
- Providing responsive support of interior/exterior development in all areas supporting the maintenance, launch, and ramp up of vehicles in Chattanooga.
Exterior Component Benchmarking and Evaluation – (90%)
· Designs and evaluates exterior components for the American market.
· Analyzes technical data and benchmarks components regarding the NAR market.
· Ramp up support
· Vehicle Series Maintenance
· Assists in change management activities such as: maintains/tracks status; assists in resolution; and follows up on implementation.
· Coordinates BMG release activities: ensures right-time release of the parts and of BMG testing assemblies; ensures right part availability for BMG testing; assess and report the part/assembly validation status regularly.
Supplier Process and Evaluation – (10%)
· Identifies and evaluates local suppliers.
· Evaluates supplier capabilities and other technical assistance for departments at the Volkswagen Chattanooga Assembly Plant.Establishes VW Quality Standards at local suppliers.
Work flexibility (travel requirements, work schedule, etc.)
- Domestic and international business trips required, for example to visit suppliers in the US or the R&D-Centers in Puebla and Wolfsburg and suppliers in Germany/Europe
- Travel for training in Germany (for extended periods of time)
- 1-3 year of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Master's in Engineering
· Task oriented, self-starter, self-motivated
· Analytical and conceptual thinker - using logic, reason, creativity, and strategy
· Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software (MS-Applications, CAD Software, Databases …)
· Influencing and negotiation skills
· Resource management
- Soft skills: dependable, flexible, teamwork, performance driven, problem solver, creative, innovative, customer focus, time management.·
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering applicable to automotive component design.
· Knowledge of common automotive engineering practices.
· Knowledge of common automotive materials.
· German language skills - written and verbalSpanish language skills – written and verbal
Apply on company website