NAR Homologation Tracking Manager is the VW Group of America, Inc. lead representative and recognized expert for vehicle integration activities to support the launch teams in NAR. As such, the individual in this role serves as the VWGoA representative in vehicle/powertrain engineering department meetings, issue resolution teams and assists in recommending solutions to mitigate vehicle launch timing issues. The NAR Homologation Tracking Manager works in close alignment with the Engineering & Environmental Office in Auburn Hills
Role Responsibilities:Representation of North American Region in Technical Project meetings in Germany, Mexico and the United States – (70%)
- Represents VW branded US bound projects in meetings with technical engineering departments to identify and understand delays and challenges.
- Works with technical teams (calibrators, pilot vehicle build, OBD powertrain, etc) to identify solutions to minimize Start of Production/Release to Market delays.
- Provides leadership and strategic advice on technical projects and leads cross-functional teams to resolution when necessary
- Serves as escalation pathway to Executive Leadership with respect to certification timeline risks
- Works with Model Line (Baureihe) to minimize delays, increase transparency and identify timeline solutions/optimizations.
- Work with Model Line management, Stakeholders and Product Development Process (PDP/PEP) Group in Germany to optimize the US process.
- Process Owner for the US PDP/PEP
- Assists in maintaining processes to meet requirements; applies knowledge of engineering principles
- Hosts Issue Resolution Meetings working with Brand Steering Committees as necessary
- Project Management Expertise – integrating various timing schedules to identify and mitigate timing slips
- Facilitates weekly meetings to review project status with Product Launch Teams, Baureihe and Homologation Teams
- Tracks project status in detail and informs group of technical delays and resolution pathways
- Escalates technical issues early to US stakeholders, if needed
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Engineering positions
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent required, Master's desired
Skills needed to perform the job:
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- Program management
- Technical knowledge of Volkswagen Group vehicles offered in the North American market
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements as they apply to Compliance
- Expert on PEP Milestones regarding homologation
- Expert in vehicle engineering
- Training and expertise in program management.
- Knowledge of German language and culture
- Ability to follow technical discussions and written descriptions in German
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification - training and experience in planning including scope out tasks and projects
- Demonstrated application of mature judgment and strong decision making
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment including managing multiple tasks
- Domestic / International travel required, up to 30%
- Must be available to contact colleagues at European locations during varying hours
Apply on company website