This position supports the Product Cost Optimization efforts of the Engineering Planning Center along with the department Engineering Complete Vehicle Product Optimization within VWAG. This person works closely with other members of the EPC and Chattanooga plant to identify and facilitate cost reduction opportunities in addition to technical analysis of competitor vehicle systems.
Identifies and facilitates implementation of Product Cost Optimization points to achieve yearly a target. – (80%)
· Lead cross functional team to identify cost reduction opportunities for locally produced vehicles.
· Create and maintain cost reduction documentation.
· Present cost reduction proposal and documentation for approval.
· Create, update and supply technical documents and detailed analyses in the field of competitor analysis.
· Establish and coordinate the collection of benchmark highlights and potentials of competitor cars and parts
Study competitor cars with respect to technical features in the market – (20%)
· Creates summaries and presentations about technical market analysis comprising e.g. market segmentation, geographic and climatic characteristics, competitor cars and their accessories, technical features in the markets, locally available technologies among the suppliers, price ranges
· Acquires detailed knowledge of Volkswagen and competitor systems.
· Support the teardown & analysis of competitor vehicles on behalf of Technical Engineering WOB
- 5-7 years in the automotive industry
- Diploma or BS in Engineering or similar qualifications required
- Master's in Engineering desired
· Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
· Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
· Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software (MS-Applications, …)
· Influencing and negotiation skills
· Resource management
· Self-starting and self-motivation
· Good administrative and time management skillsStrong analytical skills (root cause analysis)
Skills - Required:
Special knowledge of vehicle evaluation:
· Regarding to USA market needs
· Regarding to competitive analysis
· Regarding new models in USA and Canada
· Component assembly processes
· Familiar with USA legal requirementsFamiliar with design to cost principles
Skills - Desired:
· Experience in Interior development
· Experience in HVAC development
· Experience in project management
· German language skills - written and verbalSpanish language skills - written and verbal
- Domestic and international travel up to 10% may be necessary
Apply on company website