Human Resources partner responsible for supporting high impact HR strategies that support a high performing culture, recognition as a top employer, and company/client-specific business objectives. Provide dedicated support to managers and employees
Address the Human Resources needs for internal customers by providing services that include staffing, employee orientation, pay administration, training, employee relations, policy administration and implementation of key human resources initiatives that support the needs of the business.
Support facility-specific goals related to employee safety and security, wellness, diversity, teamwork and collaboration, community relations, brand awareness and productivity.Role Responsibilities:
- Partner with managers to support the effective planning and implementation of their key business objectives.
- Support organization structure changes, workforce planning efforts, and headcount compliance. Collaborate with HRIS team to maintain accurate employee data and organization charts.
- Secure necessary approvals for filling open positions, relocating employees, and obtaining Foreign Service assignees.
- Work collaboratively with Recruiting team to ensure clients' positions are filled with qualified and diverse candidates in a timely manner; prepare personnel announcements; facilitate new employee orientation and work with hiring managers to ensure that those hired are effectively on-boarded into the organization. Partner with Global Assignments team as appropriate.
- Provide planning and support to clients for the for PMP, merit pay and bonus programs. Develop compensation offers. Work with Collaborate with Compensation function on job evaluations, market/equity analyses and pay adjustments needed to reward and retain talent. Process pay changes in collaboration with HRIS team and prepare pay adjustment communications for employees.
- Promote efforts to measure employee satisfaction within supported client groups, and facilitate action planning to improve employee engagement. Identify local workforce issues and recommend strategies and interventions.
- Guide, provide coaching to, and participate with managers to facilitate performance, policy, disciplinary and other complex issues with employees. Monitor performance improvement plans, work with Legal Counsel on investigations and terminations, and take actions to protect the interest of employees and the Company in accordance with Company policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Administer workers compensation, disability, leaves of absence and FMLA processes.
- Serve as employee point of contact to address issues and process requests concerning HR policies, benefits, payroll and leaves of absence. Answer employee questions, leveraging Corporate HR resources as appropriate, and encourage employees to the self-service resources available to them.
- Identify clients' training and development needs and administer employee training programs that take place locally.
- Support HR initiatives within Auburn Hills that are related to key components of HR strategy such as top employer, top team, top performance, diversity, and wellness. Coordinate with others on corporate initiatives to promote diversity, community involvement, and brand awareness. Facilitate local services, programs, activities and events as required.
- Administer the employee separate process for client groups supported.
Years of Experience:
- 10-12 years of experience in Human Resources field as a consultant, generalist, or specialist plus Bachelor's Degree, or
- 8-10 years of experience plus Master's Degree
• Bachelor's degree in HR Management, Business, or related field of study or equivalentEducation Desired
• Master's degree in HR Management, Business, or related field of study or equivalentSpecialized Skills-Required
- Knowledge of all functional areas of Human Resources
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills
- Thorough understanding of Federal and State employment and labor laws
- Competent relationship, counseling, coaching, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong customer focus
- Display patience, professional integrity, and exhibit self-confidence
- Promote the value of diversity and support the advancement of women and minorities
- PHR or SPHR Certified Human Resources Professional Designation
- Experience with SAP Personnel Management Systems
- Knowledge of the automotive industry
- Familiarity with global HR policies, processes, and programs
- Position requires flexibility to address the dynamic and changing needs of the organization. Travel to remote locations is required to participate in meetings, workshops, and to address employee relations issues. Total combined travel of approximately 10%. Standard work schedule with overtime expected to meet business demands.
Apply on company website