This position is in Chattanooga, TN.
The position will oversee a business operation which handles all aspects of annually delivering 3,500 - 5,000 leased and assigned vehicles to individual customers. Functions of the department include all of the following: Overseeing approval of customer orders, receiving vehicles from the factories, prepping the vehicles including performing small repairs, scheduling and completing deliveries, inspecting returning vehicles, and controlling all aspects of the vehicle inventories. The department has a high level of customer facing interaction and the successful candidate must be able to communicate with a wide variety of individuals in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. The individual will be confronted with tense situations and must be able to defuse these situations while enforcing company policies and administering fines.
- Understand, develop, forecast and execute a business plan that correlates with local and corporate business plans. Able to demonstrate and articulate strategic and tactical elements.
- Responsible for prepping and delivering 15 – 20 vehicles daily.
- Oversee and operate a dealer management system to aid in daily operations
- Generate and maintain all vehicle order and inventory reports to support departmental, headquarters and manufacturing management entities as necessary
- Consistent reporting of KPI's that include but are not limited to volumes delivered, average days from vehicle drop to delivery, inventories
- Establish and adhere to budget and financial requirements approved by senior leadership. Oversees contracts with selected vendors. Initiates and approves requests for vendor payments
- Responsible for all departmental purchasing, which may include tools and other day-to-day operating supplies
- Interface and develop a strong relationship with the Volkswagen Credit, Inc. to meet required guidelines and achieve maximum proceeds on surrendered vehicles
- Foster relationships with local dealership(s), collision facility, local vendors as well as company related departments to enhance ease of doing business
- Develop, document, implement and execute standard processes for all current delivery center activities
- Maintain control of all surrendered vehicles, ensuring proper damage inspections, assessing charges to employee, grounding and preparation for transportation
- Ensure that all physical facilities, furniture, fixtures and shop equipment is kept properly maintained at all times. This includes a periodic maintenance schedule for the above mentioned assets
- Mentor team members within area of responsibility to build their competencies and professional development.
- Foster relationships with VW Chattanooga Executive Management to integrate Employee Experience initiatives and support their goals and needs
- Obtaining executive management support for the vehicle experience and direct initiatives requiring increased capital and/or executive commitment.
- Interface with Volkswagen Group of America Headquarters and VW Chattanooga Executive Management regarding company car meetings, launch activities, volume planning
- Define the sales and service processes for the Chattanooga facility and assuring their integration into the experience and supporting systems.
- Recommend policies and procedures that will support improved customer experiences while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience
- Bachelor's Degree – Business Administration or related field
- MBA or similar education
- Facility or Customer Experience Management
- Savvy with Microsoft Excel, web based tools and computer based tools
- Basic understanding of State and Federal laws regarding vehicle registration, licensing, insurance and sales
- Auto industry certifications i.e. NADA Academy, DMS vendor training, automotive industry certifications
- Collision facility experience
- Experience with various Dealer Management System (DMS) system
- Cannot work remotely on a regular basis
- Travel required less than 5% of time
Apply on company website